Thursday, March 22, 2012

Contest Season

Yes, it's once again contest season.  Last night, I stood as chief judge for the spring International Speech and Table Topics contests for Heart of Cary Toastmasters club.  I'll be judging at several Area contests, starting tomorrow, and continuing through next week.  The Division contests will be later in the month, and of course the District 37 Conference is May 3 - 6, although I don't know if I'll need to judge at the district level.

Last night's contest was held at the Cary Art Center, which used to be the Cary Elementary School, and before that the original Cary High School.  Not a bad location, but the air conditioning wasn't working that well in the room we were in...  It was 85 when I arrived, and never did get below 82.  As chief judge, I had to describe the rules and announce the winners, and I can honestly say that I had a reason to sweat other than nervousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment