Thursday, March 15, 2012

Characteristics of Effective Leaders

Last night, I presented a workshop titled as above to a small group of Toastmasters at one of the local libraries.  I wish I'd had a larger group, but it was an interesting program none the less.  The workshop content suggests some interesting things about how I can improve my own leadership abilities (and there is a lot to improve).

With this presentation out of the way, I've got everything finished to earn my Advanced Communicator Gold.  Next step:  AL Silver, and then DTM.  Should finish that by August or September.

Also, we held the winter District Executive Committee in Greensboro over the weekend.  The list of nominees for the various district officer positions came out, and so far, your truly is the sole contender the the position of District H Governor.  Of course, there's always nominations from the floor at the convention, but it bodes well for my aspirations in the District hierarchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment