Thursday, September 22, 2011

Am I Getting The Hang Of This?


Tuesday, I presented not one, but two speeches.  What's more, they were two different speeches.  Best of all, I performed both speeches without notes.

OK, I did have notes for the first speech.  This speech, titled "Me, Myself, and I" was performed during lunch at Schnieder Electric Toastmasters for my Ice Breaker speech (2nd CC).  The outline notes were printed on the back of three sheets of paper with the words "Me", "Myself", and "I" in 144 point text (differing fonts).  I didn't have the entire text written out, and didn't really refer to the outline.

The second speech was this evening as the Target speaker at the Power NAAAPsters club Evaluation Contest.  This speech, titled "Paint the Wall" was performed without any notes (the printed sheet was sitting on the seat of my truck).  It went pretty well, and I will present the same speech on Thursday at TechTalk Toastmasters club Evaluation Contest.  I will also be having the speech evaluated then for speech # in the CC manual.

No comments:

Post a Comment