Monday, October 1, 2012

Four Area Contests

Sometimes I feel like I am in a Sesame Street episode... as the Count.  One...  Two....  Three...  Four,  Four Toastmasters Contests!  Ha Ha Ha! Yes, I attended four of my Area's contests this past week, acting as judge in each of them, and as chief judge in two.  This Wednesday, I'll be attending the fifth Area contest.

At the club level, many of the speeches are humdrum.  For the most part, the same as true at the Area level, although I'd say as many as 50% are really pretty good.  I'm looking forward to my Division contest in a week and a half, since at that level you really start to get a concentration of speaking talent.  As far as the District Conference...  it's rare to get a mediocre speech at the conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment