Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Division Governor and TLI Co-Chair

Long time no post.

Yes, there have been things going on in my life... Toastmaster things.  I've been going through some of the process of being invested as the new Division H Governor here in District 37.  The official start of my time is July 1, but I'm having to attend various teleconferences, etc. before that time.  One of the latest dues has been to call my Area Governor candidates and tell them what they're in form.  I think I'll have a full slate... which is a lot better than some of the other Division Governors, some of whom have few or none already proposed.

Also going on is my activities as the TLI-East co-chair.  I had hoped to get a double header with this one, making it count as my HPL project, but after looking at the HPL manual, I figure there's no way I can do the HPL justice while doing the job as co-chair.  I'll figure out something else to finish that task off.

Currently a member of two clubs:  BCP and Carylina.  BCP was invited to present a lunchtime DEMO meeting at ABB down the street, and we are planning to do a second special meeting at the ABB site next week (our off week) at the regular time slot.  The demo meeting went well, and I'm hoping that the second meeting will as well.  BCP is struggling to reach the 20 member goal so we can get a DCP award, and it is possible we could get a lot more than the 2-3 additional members needed to reach 20 from the ABB deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment